Replay : Algae Summit (Anglais)
LUMA Eco Days #2
|Intervenant·e·s||Filip van Dingenen|
|Intervenant·e·s||Julien Le Tellier|
|Intervenant·e·s||Jean François Sassi|
|Intervenant·e·s||Jakob Kudsk Steensen|
|Intervenant·e·s||Jean François Raffalli|
On December 9th, Atelier LUMA hosted its first international Algae Summit from Arles, South of France. The Algae Summit, organized by the Algae Platform, marks the achievement of 4 years of research in the field of algae and opens up new fields of research for the future.
In line with Atelier LUMA’s philosophy, the Algae Summit was created with the ambition to connect the research around algae with the environmental and social urgencies of our time. Both international and local actors were invited to take part in round table discussions on the event's central topic, which was the role of algae in the necessary ecological and cultural transition within territories.
The Algae Summit has been a day of online conferences and debates accompanied by a selection of related contents.
The Algae Summit was an important moment to put forward a number of proposals and fuel ongoing reflections. At Atelier LUMA design is thought of as a tool for transition. We advocate for approaches and methodologies rather than ready-made solutions, and we rely on the power of the community. We are looking forward to exploring further, inviting new voices into the discussion, and carrying out concrete proposals on the ground.
- 9.30 am — Introduction of the LUMA Eco Days and of the Algae Summit With Caroline Bianco, Jan Boelen and Johanna Weggelaar (LUMA Arles / Atelier LUMA)
- 9.45 am — Blue Economy European roadmap and main challenges Panel discussion with Isabelle Viallon (European Commission) and Susanne Kadner (Acatech)
- 10.15 am — Algae and LUMA Arles The Algae Platform in the Camargue bioregion With Jan Boelen, Henriëtte Waal, Johanna Weggelaar, Anne-Claire Hostequin and Adeline Weppe (Atelier LUMA)
- 10.25 am — Atelier Luma Guided tour With Caroline Bianco (Atelier Luma)
- 10.40 am — The Gaia Hypothesis Algae at the centre of a transformation of our concepts of the Earth, life and nature : Margulis, Lovelock and Gaia Presentation by Sébastien Dutreuil (CNRS)
- 11 am — Algae: Resources & Territories How are strategies for algae valorisation embedded in the local natural and cultural ecosystem? Panel discussion with Florine Colbalchini (ADECAL Technopole), Thierry Jauffrais (AMICAL), Susana Fernandes (Pau University) and Mariachiara Chiantore (Genoa University)
- 11.45 am — Algae Diplomacy Conversation between Filip van Dingenen (artist) and Ellen Schoenmakers (Wild Wier)
- 12.00 am — Algae producers: Sharing experiences What synergies exist in the territory and beyond? Panel discussion with Julien Le Tellier and Lilian Ducci (Solis Culturae), Vincent Usache (Microphyt), Adrien Vincent (Systemiq), and Philippe Lavoisier (Eranova)
- 2 pm — Design, Science & Bioeconomy How do researchers and designers collaborate to imagine new materials and new ways of producing? Panel discussion with Eric Klarenbeek and Maartje Dros (Studio Klarenbeek & Dros), Violaine Buet (designer) Jean-François Sassi (CEA Cadarache) and Fredrik Gröndahl (KTH Stockholm)
- 2.45 pm — Immersion in the Camargue Conversation with Jakob Kudsk Steensen (artist)
- 3.10 pm — Algae: a new ally for architecture? The role of algae within architectural and urban systems Panel discussion with Jan Wurm (ARUP) and Lucie Novoveska (SAMS)
- 3.50 pm — An Algal Bibliography Presentation by Jean-François Raffalli (Offprint, LUMA Arles)
- 4.10 pm — Bioremediation Scenarios Collaborating with algae in rural regions Panel discussion with Alexandra Dubini (Cordoba University), Shneel Malik (UCL) and Brenda Parker (UCL)
- 4.50 pm — (Re)Valorising the living Conversation between Marc-André Selosse and Claude Yepremian (The Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle de Paris)
- 5.10 pm — Algae Platform, New perspectives With Jan Boelen and Johanna Weggelaar